Creekside Sports Ministries combine recreation and athletics to invite individuals and families into a caring Christian environment and to help them build a relationship with Christ. Our sports programs are designed to facilitate community outreach and to develop volunteer leaders in our church. These evangelistic programs use something as simple as sports to reach children and their families for Christ.
Children’s Sports are a great teaching tool for our young people to learn about relationships and working with others. At Creekside, children learn how to sharpen their skills not only in their favorite sport, but also how to sharpen their character and their life skills. We accomplish this through encouraging relationships with God and others and by teaching kids to appreciate their uniqueness. At Creekside we want our children to excel at much more than their favorite sport. We want them to win the game of life and to have eternal life through a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- What to expect at Creekside sports:
- Coaches who are concerned with teaching skills more than winning and losing.
- Devotions at every practice and game
- One hour practice each week during the week.
- One game each week on Saturday.
- Equal playing time for all players.
- Rules adjusted based on each age group.
- End of the season celebration.
Parent/Player code of Conduct
- We all play a very important role in our children's lives and Creekside wants to be a part of that. Our sports programs are designed to help build self-esteem and confidence, not only in your child,but in every child in our sports ministry. We only ask that the parents and players show sportsmanship, positive attitudes and respect for others. These characteristics will be life-lone lessons that our children will always remember. The following guidelines will help you know our specific standards for parent/player conduct on the court and on the fields.
- Encourage our coaches and players
- Show respect for others
- Emphasize fun over winning and losing
- Remember you child learns more from what they see than from anything that is said. Be a positive role model