Updates and Info
We recognize that our first responsibility is to assure that you and your family will have a clean, sanitized and safe environment for worship. Each Saturday evening our housekeeping vendor will perform a deep clean in the atrium and worship center. We will place hand sanitizing stations throughout the atrium and worship center for Sunday morning use. Masks are strongly encouraged. If you do not consider wearing a mask important for your own safety please consider wearing a mask for the safety and/or the peace of mind of your brothers and sisters in Christ. If you do not have your own, we will provide you with one.
We have come to recognize that this Fall is not going to look normal as it relates to worship or programming. We want to share with you the balance of our Fall re-opening plan. Obviously, this is all tentative based on the pandemic.
- Kidz Church and Nursery will re-open on September 13 at 11am
- Traditions Worship and Nursery will re-open on October 4 at 9:30am
Please know that we will do our best to begin all of these vital growth and connection opportunities as soon as possible. We are looking at several other ways to build deeper connections at Creekside. We will communicate those as they unfold.
It is our intent to implement this plan and to stick with it! However, we need to submit to the authority of both our governmental officials as well as our Conference. At present, both of these authorities have left decisions regarding when and how to re-open largely up to us, but that could change in the future. We also might have to respond to a situation within our specific context at Creekside that would interrupt this plan. As we move forward, we ask for your continued prayers and support as we seek to lead our congregation in these difficult days. We are grateful for the guidance of our Church Council and our Church Staff.
Please take a moment to review the protocol for Sunday morning worship included below. Obviously, this will be relaxed as circumstances regarding the pandemic warrant. Please be assured that we want to return to “normal” as soon as possible!
Sunday Morning Protocol:
- We are asking our families to maintain social distancing and to refrain from personal contact. This means no handshakes, high fives, hugs, etc. A smile and wave is welcomed and encouraged. As mentioned above, we urge you to wear a mask.
- The seating in the worship center has been arranged to also maintain social distancing of 6 feet in all directions (families can sit together, of course). This has reduced the seating capacity to about 200 seats.
- When entering the worship center, please know that face masks are required on the right half of the room. We encourage masks to be worn but are optional on the left half.
- We will be asking you to RSVP for Sunday morning worship as a result of the reduced seating capacity. We ask that you RSVP before 9:00am on Wednesday morning. Once we add a second service to Sunday morning, we will then review RSVP counts to gauge whether to add a third service at a time TBD.
- Please enter the church building through the double doors at the main entry. All other doors will remain locked. This will assist us in minimizing the square footage required for cleaning and sanitizing.
- To maintain the guidelines of social distancing there will be a maximum of 2 people in the bathrooms at a time. Members of the Hospitality Team will be stationed by the restroom doors to assist with this requirement.
- As a result of the pandemic the following ministries and activities will be placed on hold until further notice: No coffee or donuts, no communion, no bulletins, no passing of offering baskets (they will be placed at the exit doors of the worship center).
- We will dismiss the congregations by rows to maintain social distancing. It is important that you do not linger in the atrium during dismissal.
We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through these challenging times!